Sunday, January 16, 2011

January 16 Weekly Pittsburgh Food Favorites

Moules Frites at Point Brugge Cafe, Point Breeze.
I've been focusing a lot on the Pittsburgh Public Market, and for good reasons.  Even if you can't get there, tell a friend. Among the things I've enjoyed this week, and in no particular order (all are hyperlinked with addresses & websites):

1.  Reyna Foods Fresh Flour Tortillas, Strip District
3.  Apollo Espresso from Counter Culture Coffee @ Espresso A Mano, Lawrenceville
4.  Chocolate & Almond Macarons, Oakmont Bakery (not in Pgh, but just 7 miles from E.Liberty)
5.  Beer & Cider Sample Flight $1, East End Brewing @ Pittsburgh Public Market
6.  $6 Mediterranean Platter, Sito's Mediterranean Foods @ Pittsburgh Public Market
7.  Moules Frites (mussels & fries), Point Brugge Cafe, Point Breeze

PIZZA: Pasquale's Meat Eater Pizza (delivered, various locations)
Spice: Crushed Dried Jalapenos, Penzey's Spices, Strip District

This is as close to a moral dilemma as I'd encountered all week.
Great greens in Sito's dressing & more. All for $6
Sampler from East End Brewing!

6 comments:

  1. YAYAYAYAYAYAY! I'm so glad you loved the marshmallows!

    from, @yay_toast

    ReplyDelete
  2. the picture and caption are fantastic, by the way. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliments! Your recommendation was spot on regarding the marshmallows. Bananas Foster, Peanut Butter & Ghost Jolokia were close seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh god! Why do I keep on reading food blogs, it makes me so Hungry now. Moules Frites is a must try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer the corn tortillas from Reyna's, but my five-year-old daughter always insists on getting the flour ones. She calls them "those puffy tortillas" because they are so much more substantial than flour tortillas you get at the grocery store. Nothing like still-warm tortillas (corn or flour) on a Saturday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your list. The only thing I haven't tried is Pasquale's Pizza. Maybe this weekend. I do love those marshmallows at PPM.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments or feedback; email me: burghgourmand at gmail dot com