|Gosia's Pierogies cooked to order at the Pittsburgh Public Market.|
2. Chicago Hot Dog, Fries & Root Beer, Dee's Six Pax & Hot Dogz, Regent Square
|Dee's gets the balance right:corner bar, sports & conversation. Beer & good food.|
3. Vegetarian Brunch @ the Zenith, Southside
|Spicy green beans, peanut noodles & stuffed grape leaves. Entree & buffet just $10 on Sundays.|
4. Cumin & Chili Chick Peas, Trader Joe's, Penn Avenue.
|Mixed in with some homemade shrimp bisque...the result was very delicious.|
5. Sweet Potato Pierogies, Gosia's Pierogies @ Pittsburgh Public Market & other locations
|Sweet Potato Pierogies, prepared at home by me as dessert with brown sugar Riesling glaze.|
|A well balanced cup of Joe. (balancing on my knee)|
7. Maple & Nut Cinnamon Roll, Oakmont Bakery
Barista of the Week: Alan at Tarentum Borders Bookstore. Warm, friendly and welcoming on a bitterly cold day. The coffee is not my favorite, but Alan more than made up for it. Sometimes service and attitude define the experience.
Pizza of the Week: Aiello's, Squirrel Hill, 2 slices "off the top" & plain. Nothing new here. I've been a loyal customer since 1988 and couldn't be happier with their pizza. Of note, it's great hot or cold. More on this later...
Spice of the Week: Minced Garlic, from Penzey's Spices in the Strip District. If you sign up for their mailing list, they send you catalogs that sometimes have coupons for free jars of their spices, which are of very good quality.
|That's all folks!|