Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Pork and Strip District Photos and some coffee.

Lots of people from out of town ask what is the Strip District.  It's a lot of things.

Looking down 32nd Street toward the river, going to Restaurant Depot.
This is a small set of photos during our first major snowfall of the year. I went to the Strip District for some bone-in pork chops which marinated in rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, coriander, cilantro, Meyer lemon, ginger and chiles. I pan seared them, and placed them into a preheated slow cooker containing wine, water & vegetables.  A special thanks to the friendly folks at Strip District Meats at 2121 Penn Ave.  They are friendly, affordable, and they let me take some photos in the store.

The other 6 were slow cooked in the marinade and yielded a lovely broth.
Not the cleanest plate, and a bit blackened, but tender and tasty, and eaten while I continued to cook.












I forget if it was that same day, or the day before, but I'd made my third visit to Cannon Coffee on Brookline Blvd, probably 7 miles away through the Liberty tubes.  They really don't deserve second billing, but I'll keep them in the revised/expanded entry nonetheless.  Please visit them sometime.  They are cozy and friendly and have a great arts & crafts feel.

Cannon Coffee, Brookline Boulevard, just a few miles beyond the Liberty tubes.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to this one - looks quaint. I'll have to check it out - thanks for the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going tomorrow! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments or feedback; email me: burghgourmand at gmail dot com