Saturday, February 25, 2012

Pixburgh

Sunrise over the Monongahela 6:55AM.
Pittsburgh is a photogenic city. I live on Mt. Washington, overlooking the downtown skyline, Point Park and a panoramic view of the Monongahela and Allegheny Rivers. I've been up here for most of the past decade. I could live somewhere with a bigger yard, maybe quieter, or near hipper places to eat. I have, and it was not for me. I love my view and I love being close to just about everything.

You might not know about the business district on Shiloh Street. There's a nice bar and grill, a hot dog joint, a new bakery and liquor store, among many other things. I wouldn't get the Chinese on Shiloh though; it's the worst food I've had anywhere. Ever.

If you haven't been to Pittsburgh recently, I suggest visiting if you have a chance. You will be pleasantly surprised by how much Pittsburgh has grown and matured while remaining true to its character.

Smallman Street in the Strip District from the Terminal Building.
If you have some photos of Pittsburgh to share, email them to me and I will post them here and give you credit. burghgourmand@gmail.com

9AM a few days later.

Some iconic KIDS grafitti. Looking South to the city along the Allegheny River from the Strip District.

Clemente Bridge. February 25, 7:40AM.
Smallman Street, February 25. 7:45AM.

Crossing the 16th Street Bridge to the North Side in the rain. Heinz plant in the background.



Just look at this f*cking hamburger. Did you expect there not to be food? Winghart's, Market Square.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I love them all but especially the first one and the one of the Clemente bridge. Next time I come to P'burgh, I am getting one of the f*cking hamburgers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic shots. living on mt. washington certainly does have its advantages!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments or feedback; email me: burghgourmand at gmail dot com